During the month of October and the beginning of November, the 3rd grade class learned all about the election process. On November 4, each student was able to step into the classroom voting booth to cast their ballot. They were all quite proud to do their civic duty! Here are a few things we learned.
Esteban - I learned how to vote.
Isaiah - I learned to not say the other candidate is bad. Everyone has a right to their opinion.
Tyler - I learned that we use a secret ballot.
Zachary - You have to be 35-years-old to run for president.
Mark - You have to be born in the United States to run for president.
Nicole - I learned you have to be 18-years-old or older to vote.
Maryanna - You can't vote two times.
The 3rd grade each had a chance to cast their ballot on who they thought should be the next president of the United States of America. Obama was the winner in our classroom.
37 comments:
Jessica
I like Obama and McCain. I do not hate any candaite.
Stephen
voted for who I wanted to win in our classroom.Obama won in our class.
0
Emily
I was not there but I sure loved to get fun facts and reading fun election books! I learned that you have to live in America for 14 years.
Martin
I learned that the Republican picture is an elephant and the Democratic picture is a donkey.
Noah I voted. It was so fun. I voted for McCain, but he lost, but Obama won so I had the most fun Election ever.
It is very good you guys learned to vote.
Paolo
I am Cassandra and in third grade. I learened you have to be 18 to vote.
I leared that you have to be 35 to be president. Nicole
What i learned is you have to be 35 to be president of the United States of America. You have to be 18 years to vote.
That was fun when we made the voting booth and voted for McCain or Obama. Isaiah
I am in 3rd grade the class that voted. Esteban
Annabelle
I voted for McCain but Obama won in our classroom.I'm still happy that we have a new president in the U.S.A.! I learned that you have to be born in the U.S.A. to be prsident!
I learnd about Democrats and Republicans. A Democrat is a donkey and a Republican is an elephant. Erin
I love to vote. Voting is fun.I learned a lot about voting in the classroom.I like Obama the best. Sara
I am Tyler.At election day I learnd how to Vote.And if you want you can tell your family your vote.
I learned that this election was historical because Obama is the first black president and, if McCain won he would have the first woman to be a vice president.
I learned that I do not make fun of other presedent and how to vote. Sarah
on the Election it day was fun. We all got to vote for the person we wanted, but McCain lost to Obama. He won in our class. It was fun that day. Victoria
Christina I learned that I can vote who I want to vote for and don't make fun of another person. I love my teacher a lot too. She taught me a lot in class too. She is the best.
Emily
I learned you can't let someone tell you who to vote for.If someone told me who to vote for I would be mad.
Zachary
When we learned about the election we learned that you cannot say anything bad about the
other candaite,you cannot tell
other people who to vote for.
Diego
I voted for John McCain and I'm
happy about it, but John
Mcain lost.
You have to be a citizen to vote. Marisa
Lauro
I learned how all the votes are
counted.
I learned that you have to be born in the U.S. to run for president. And if you were,
and you have moved to Canada,
you have to live in the U.S.for
14 years. Thats what I learnd. Mark
Awesome!!! My first class election. It was sad McCain lost to Obama. And IN THE REAL ELECTION Obama WON. I just hope he will be a good president. Marcus
Lisa
I learned you have to be 18 to vote.
Mikey I learned that you have to be 18
or older to vote. The winner was Obama and I really wanted McCain to win.
I learned that you cant vote when you are young. Maryanna
I am very proud of my third grade class! They worked very hard during the month of October to learn about presidents and the election.
You guys are awesome!Ilove playing at OLPH.Your classroom is awesome. oh wait i am in your classroom. I am looking forward to some more fun!
love,
Miranda
XOXOXOXOXOXO
My teacher Mrs.Focey rocks!
I love my teacher and Iknow she loves me she is the best
Hey this is Emily and this is like the coolest blog ever.(Except for Mrs.Forceys.)
hmm I look in the pictrue hahahaha MRS.FORCEY AND THE THIRD GRADE CLASS IS !!!!AWSOME!!!!
MARCUS
Post a Comment